Pic(k) of the week 1: JUMPING INTO THE NEW YEAR - HAPPY 2018

Happy 2018 to all my blog readers! May the New Year bring you good health, joy and happiness! 

As I'm writing this, I'm starting the 9th consecutive year of my Pic(k) of the week series; 52 images per year which stand out that given week. When I started it in January 2010, it was a New Years resolution and personal photo challenge. To be honest I never thought I would be able to maintain it for that long but I've thoroughly enjoyed the process and it has definitively helped my photography forward. 

Just like every new year a lot of people have probably started a 365 project; one image per day. I personally believe one image per week makes for a more thoughtful photo-project but I do of course respect whoever is able to complete such a challenge! 

Beside the countless reviews, the Pic(k) of the week series has been the other main activity on the blog, which now has passed 1 million (yes that is right!) views.

Yesterday, on January 1st, we set off for desert drive in the Dubai desert with a group of friends. A leisurely off-road drive followed by a sunset BBQ and campfire is the perfect setting to relax after the busy Holiday period. 

In the image below of three sisters jumping on the top of a dune while the sun was setting behind them, I tried to symbolize the joy and happiness the New Year will hopefully bring to you!  


Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-T2 with the XF100-400 lens
  • ISO 200, f7.1, 1/4800s, 100mm (150mm full frame equivalent)
  • RAW development in Lightroom CC Classic using Velvia Camera Profile
The silhouette like the one above is a simple image to make; just be sure to have a fast enough shutter speed to freeze the action, best done in manual exposure (under exposed compared to the normal meter reading).  

As a yearly tradition, I will blog about my best 3 Architectural, Aviation and Travel/Street images of the past year sometime in the coming weeks. 

Meanwhile to check out all 52 Pic(k) of the week images of 2017, click here

Remember: " January 1st is the first page of a new 365 page book, write a good one" - Brad Paisley



BJORN

Comments