Pic(k) of the week 46: NIGHT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY TOKYO - STREET HUNT WORKSHOP NOV 22

I'm slowly catching up with the image backlog of my latest Street Hunt in Tokyo, Japan. Generally the time I spend editing my Street Photography images is very limited, but I do want to go across all images and identify the ones that deserve some extra work...

An image that stood out immediately was the one below shot outside the Hardrock Cafe in Roppongi. Made late at night just before typhoon "Lan" hit the capital, it was shot with my favorite night street photography lens, the weather sealed XF16mm f1.4 R WR lens (check out my review here).

I had been playing with the reflections in a water puddle for a while, when all of a sudden a guy on a bike approached from the left. I was particularly happy with how the person showed up only in the reflection and not at the top of the image. 



Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-E3 with the XF16mm f1.4 lens
  • ISO 6400, 1/20s, f6.4
  • Lightroom CC Classic for RAW development 
The program of the Fujfilm Middle East workshops has now been finalized for the 2017 XPosure Photofestival in Sharjah (close to Dubai, UAE). Beside workshops on the Business of Photography, Model posing, Conceptual Portrait, Wedding and Food photography, both X-photographer Stephan Geyer and myself will do a separate workshop and photowalk around the theme of Street Photography. 

My own STREET HUNT talk/workshop will be on Wednesday 22 NOV starting at 2pm followed by a short photowalk at a nearby location at 4pm. The workshop/photowalk will give you an introduction to Street Photography, provide you with lots of tips and tricks to document life on the Street and will provide you with the tools to set up your camera for best results. A 1 hour 30' photowalk where we will put things in practise will conclude the day. Free transport to and from the photowalk location will be provided from the Sharjah Expo center.

To register for my "Street Hunt" workshop, visit the Fujifilm Middle East website here. Pre-registration is required and spots are limited. Just like the Fujifilm workshops, the entrance to the XPosure photo festival is FREE as well!



Fujifilm Middle East will be giving away 2 Fujifilm X-70 cameras to two of the participants of the Street Photography workshops. Don't miss out!

Hope to see you all there,

BJORN



  



Comments