Pic(k) of the 42: SUNRISE OVER THE OPERA HOUSE, Sydney

My day-job (or night-job) as an long haul airline pilot, has me going to some interesting places all over the world! A negative is that one often suffers from severe jetlag...

Such was the case when I was wide awake at 3,30am in Sydney the other day. I eventually got out of bed, took a quick shower and cup of coffee to finally grab my camera and go for a pre-sunrise walk in the city. As it was a Sunday morning, there was virtually nobody on the streets; a bit of a surreal experience.

Anyway, at daybreak (around 5am) the pre-sunset blue hour turned out to be spectacular. Unfortunately I had left my tripod in the hotel. Damn it! The jetlag was really getting me! Using what was available, I ended up using a wall to get a 2 seconds exposure. 


Image details:
  • Fujifilm X-T20 with the XF35mm f2 lens
  • ISO 800, 2sec, f8
  • RAW development in Lightroom CC
  • Nik ColorEfex Pro for optimal contras
  • Sharpening done in Photoshop CC using a High Pass filter in Overlay mode

few more images of my 36hr visit to Sydney can be found here. The last 7 being the most recent ones.

Remember: "Every sunrise brings a new day with new hopes for a new beginning" - anon



Comments