Pic(k) of the week 11: Shooting camels with the Fujifilm X-T1

Last week I picked up a brand-new Fujifilm X-T1 camera body; the latest X-series camera from the Japanese camera maker has created somewhat of a stir within the industry! And rightly so...

While the amazing new electronic view finder and the focus tracking are probably the 2 most noteworthy items on the specification list, the weather sealing is also something I've been waiting for. Shooting in harsh conditions like the Dubai desert, it is not only rain that will ruin your camera!

Plenty of extensive reviews have been written about the X-T1. A few of my personal favourites can be found here:


One of the first images I took with the X-T1, was this shot of a lonely camel standing on the top of a dune about one hour from Dubai. Although a very simple shot, I do like the overal feel and the balance of the blue sky with the reddish sand.



2014 Pic(k) of the week 11: Shooting camels with the Fujifilm X-T1



As the new camera does not yet have full RAW support in Lightroom, I exceptionally shot RAW+jpeg. Beside cropping to a 16:9 panoramic size, nothing has been done to the jpeg file above. As expected, the color rendition of the Fujifilm does not disappoint!

Image details:
Fujifilm X-T1 with the Fujinon XF-18-55 lens
ISO200, f4.0, 55mm, 1/900s
Lightroom 5.3 for cropping, no other editing, straight out of the camera jpeg

Rather than doing a full on review, over the next few weeks, I will be taking the X-T1 to a few interesting places around the world. 

Similar to my Fujifim X-E2 New Zealand test drive, I'll share my honest opinion somewhere next month.

If the plan comes together, I meanwhile will also be reviewing a few Fuji lenses, including the new 10-24mm wide angle lens! Interesting times...

To all of you saying:"Nice picture, you must have an expensive camera", the myth is busted! 


BJORN









Comments