Pic(k) of the week 31: Fields of wheat in Flanders

As I'm back in steamy Dubai after almost a three week Summer break in my home country Belgium, it didn't take long before I started missing the near perfect weather... 

The Gulf region temperates during the Summer months, very rarely dip below 30C (86F) at night and often peak around 50C (122F) midday. Add to this a very high humidity and one will understand that outdoor photography in Dubai is close to impossible July till mid September. Luckily the great weather makes up for the other 9 months or so!

2013 Pic(k) of the week 31: Fields of wheat in Flanders

The image above of a wheat field near Ghent, Belgium was one of the last photographs I made during my stay. I was shot on the countryside close to where my wife grew up near Ghent. I particularly like the use of the complimentary colours, blue and yellow.

For those that are not so familiar with Belgium, the West side of the country consists of two provinces called West and East-Flanders, often referred to as a whole as, Flanders. Without going into politics, the "Flemish region" consists of a few more provinces beside West and East Flanders; Antwerp, Limburg and Flemish Brabant. All of them are Dutch speaking, also called Flemish.

More info on the above can be found at the following wiki post

Image details:
FujiFilm X-E1 (alias Sexy-1) with the Fujinon 14mm 2.8 lens
ISO200, f6.4, 14mm, 1/1250s
RAW conversion with Lightroom 5
Nik ColorEfex Pro filters; gradient filter, detail enhancer, Pro contrast

More images of my home country can be found here.

Remember; " A photograph is often looked at, seldom looked into" - Ansel Adams

Comments