Pic(k) of the week 16: Controlling the skies

As some of the readers might know, I've been brought up amongst aircraft and spend a large time of my teenager years at the small grass airfield of Moorsele, Belgium. 

A recent interview about my 25 years of flying, can be found here. Sorry, it's only in Dutch. 

Whenever I'm visiting my home country Belgium, I always try to pay a quick visit to my aviation roots and that's exactly what I did earlier this month.

2013 Pic(k) of the week 16: Controlling the skies

The image above is of the Moorsele Air Traffic Control tower, which hasn't been used in years. I'm not really sure when this steel structure was build, but I do clearly remember I was playing with my airport friends in the late seventies in and around the building! Out of fear that at some stage this rusty structure will be broken down, I keep on making new images. I guess I'm scared to loose an old friend...


Image details:
FujiFilm Sexy-1 (X-E1) with Fujinon XF 18-55  lens
ISO 200, 35mm, f4, 1/550s
RAW conversion with Lightroom 4.4
Desaturated the image on purpose to give it a bit of a vintage look

Some years ago, the guys at the Belgian aviation blog Apron 6, have released the following video about Moorsele airfield. 

Lastly, " Nothing is ever really been lost, as long as you remember it" - L.M> Montgomery


BJORN







Comments