The Faces of the Dubai Fish Market

Since late 2009, I've been taken portraits of the men working at the Dubai Fish Market. Before my next visit, I make prints and then hand them out for free whenever I return. For most of these men it is the first time they receive a printed photograph of themselves... The smiley faces when I walk into the market with a fresh stack of images, really make my day!

Deira Fishmarket, Dubai
Because the project is so close to my heart, I really think it deserves a separate gallery. So welcome to my brand new: "Faces of the Dubai Fish Market" gallery!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Personal photography projects are vital to get the motivation going and are also perfect to become inspired. The Faces of the Dubai Fish Market is definitively no exception! 


Happy shooting,
BJORN

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter


Comments

Anonymous said…
I like the concept though could you explain why it's a personal thing? Or it's too personal to be published? :)

Keep shooting and keep us posted!

Thanks

-Anwar
Bjorn Moerman said…
Thanks for the comments dxbfilm. Great blog of yours by the way!
With a personal project, I mean one that is not shot for a client and not meant to be sold, only for the pure love of photography!
Anonymous said…
Pure love, pure joy then :) Very nice!
jony said…
Musandam Dibba is a very nice presentation of culture, beauty adventure.
Johan Silver said…
After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging fishing in dubai
Anna Torv said…
Fishing in Dubai is fun loving sport. i love Dubai