Pic(k) of the week 46: Full moon desert

Last Thursday was our 4th get together of this years winter season! The shot below is made at our Belgian BBQ spot ( 50km SE of Dubai ) about 4 hours after sunset. I'm always amazed how much light a full moon gives us!

Moonlight desert drive
No flash used. Only a little bit of light painting onto my car with a small flashlight and of course a sturdy tripod for the long shutter speed. To finish it off, I switched on the car's  interior lighting. 

Image details:
Nikon D700 with Nikkor 14-24mm 2.8 lens
ISO 200, 24mm, f5.6, 50sec
used Bulb mode in order to shoot at a longer shutter speed than 30sec
RAW processed in Lightroom 3
no other software used

If you like it, feel free to have a look here at some more moonlit images made the same night!

I surely would like to do more of this in the future. An inspiration has been the work of Troy Pava. His nighttime moon photography is amazing! Check it out at www.lostamerica.com


Take that lens-cap off,
BJORN

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter





Comments