Pic(k) of the week 44: The desert is on fire!

As a continuation of last weeks Pic(k) of the week, another image from the desert! This time of fire-spitting Kris from Belgium.

Last year, Kris and his family came over to Dubai for a weeklong visit and did a great fire-spitting (fire-breathing) performance at the end of a desert drive and BBQ.

Fire-spitting in the desert 2010

This year they are back and yesterday he kept the tradition going!

Out of the three images I posted on the site, I do like his facial expression on this one the most. Making images of fire-spitting is surely a bit of a challenge. The amount of available light changes a lot in a split second. Shooting in Manual mode is a must !

Image details:
NIKON D700, Nikkor 14-24 2.8
ISO 3200, 24mm, f 3.2, 1/1000s
LR3 RAW processing

The D700 keeps surprising me... low light, high ISO performance is just amazing. ISO 3200 and no noise at all! This for a body that is more than 2 years old!

More of my desert life images can be found here.

Happy shooting,
BJORN
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter


Comments